Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Christmas Hostess Gift + Halloween Freebie

I'm finally getting into the christmas spirit. This is my first christmas project this year so far. I absolutely loved making this simple hostess gift. It was cheap, fast and fun! haha. I got the idea from Kerry's Paper Crafts. If you've never checked out her blog before, you should! She has some great ideas!
The container is a from some fresh strawberries from my local produce store. I simply washed it out. The confetti and candles were from Dollar Tree. The Christmas tag on top is from Lindsay's Nature's Christmas set. The December 25 on top of the ribbon flower is from Lindsay's Christmas Cupcake Wrapper Set.
I used red stickles for holly berries and pearl paint on santa's beard. It looks so much better in person!
Forgive me for the poor lighting on the photos. I took these after the sun went down and I am used to working with natural light. I need to get some kind of light box set up.
This project qualifies for the following challenges: ABC Christmas (Under the Tree), ABC Challenge (X-Mas), Craftylicious (anything goes), The Crafty Pad (Something for a friend), Create 4 Fun (Use a digi), Flourishes (Gift), Flourishes (Inky edges), Inky Impressions (Anything Goes), Make It Crafty (Distressing), One Stop Craft (Alter It)

I also wanted to remind you of a great sale going on til Saturday at Lindsay's store!

Now for your freebies! Don't forget to stop by Lindsay's blog to snag a freebie!

I've also got a free digi for you!

24 comments:

  1. Love your project and such a cute freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift set Tamara! You always come up with the neatest things! Great job with the tag and I love that ribbon bow! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet gift...Love that vintage Santa on this :) That freebie is awsome! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gift idea! Love the colors and that ribbon flower is super cool! Awesome freebies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love that stamp on it too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project!

    Funny, I was just checking out my deli container from lunch trying to think of a way to use it. You gave me some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea and beautifully altered. :)
    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad. :)

    xxDebbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great gift!!! very nice. and the freebie is way cute
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely gift, thanks for joining in the fun with us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely gift that is! Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Christmas gift thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gift idea - thanks for sharing. Your blog is wonderful - so many ideas and all your files, I can't wait to go through them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project, lovely colours, super Christmas gift. Thanks for joining in at The Crafty Pad.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful giftwrap!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea. One of those 'duh' moments for me. That is a beautiful gift. ohhhh man, I wish I would have kept my containers.......

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous gift box and love all the ribbon treatment!! Thanks for playing the BBB Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous idea for a gift. Love how you have made the ribbon embellishment, this really compliments the image.
    Hugs Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous creation. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our challenge this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great idea to reuse these little packages! i love how you distressed the edges of the DP. thanks for joining us for our 2nd Technique Challenge at Make it Crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow such a fabulous gift. Thanks for taking part in the ABC Christmas challenge.

    Paula GD. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic gift idea, all packaged and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a fantastic project, and i would LOVE to receive something like this as a gift! a totally simple, yet GORGEOUS way to deck out the plain ol' clear plastic... i can see different coloured fabrics or tulle or grass inside too, for added effect! love it! thanks so much for playing with us at Make it Crafty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea to use a platic container as a gift set. You did a great job adding the soft distress inking to the edges of the DP. I really like the softness of the edge around the tag. Thanks for joining us at Make it Crafty. hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete