Friday, December 4, 2009

Golfin' in Dubai --- Marine Corps Scrapbook

I'm back with another one. While my husband was on a boat deployment in the mediterranian, he was able to stop in Dubai, Saudi Arabia for a little R&R. So he decided to participate in a little golf tourney with some of his fellow Marines. He got to play at the world famous golf resort there. He was in heaven. Here is the group shot.

I created the title and golf balls using inkscape and cut them using SCAL on my cricut. I just found a picture of a golf ball that I liked on google, then I created one very similar to it. If you'd like the files, they're free. Golf Ball & Tee.



For this layout, I used the sketch from Sketch Inspiration. It is a new scrapbooking sketch site that is just getting started. This week is their first sketch. They are going to have prizes from sponsors starting in January, so go sign up! Everyone is so friendly and nice!




6 comments:

  1. thanks my husband loves to golf and alway need cut files for scrapbooks
    Annel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute file Tammy and your layout is very handsome!!!!! love how the golf balls look like they're bouncing off the page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I could do a golf card for some relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the 0&&&&0&&&&Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Dec. 05, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Link the Scrapbookers in Dubai are bound to want the golf balls - great layout x

    ReplyDelete