Saturday, August 29, 2009

My First Pillowcase Dress

Ok , so I just had to show off! This is the first sewing project that I have ever done where I wasn't afraid to show off the results. I am NOT a sewing person. I am dying to learn all there is not know though. My mother is good at it and my grandmother was fabulous, but I just never learned how. So what better time than the present? I have been seeing these adorable dresses everywhere lately and I decided that they looked simple enough for me. I know what you're thinking....wait a minute, You don't even have a little girl! I know I know! I'm hoping that I will someday, but in the meantime who says I can't make fab clothes for someone else's precious little one. So this first one is for my son's little "girlfriend", Lilly. I'm sure her mom will love it. In the photo the dress appears to be red and white, but it is acutally a reddish pink color. When you hold it up against red, it looks pink and vice versa. Well if you're wondering how I made this, I found this amazing tutorial online, complete with step by step pics of how to do it. So easy to follow! Go here to see.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great job you did. It's so cute.
    My mother made all my clothes and I only had one dress that she bought until I was 18. I used to sew all my clothes, but I hardly ever sew anymore.
    So glad to see some of you younger girls going back to sewing.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Here is one I bought on etsy. http://poditan.blogspot.com/2009/03/wish-i-could-sew.html I like the way the ties are sewn instead of ribbon. I was just afraid ribbon would get thrashed in the washer.
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete