Friday, July 3, 2009

Got Dirt? --Boy's LO made with ScutFiles Freebie

Hey there! I am so excited! I finally scrapped these pictures that I've had for a year now! It is hard to believe that my son was only 18 months old in these pics! He'll be 3 in October. Every time I get in the scrapping mood, I pull out these pictures, but always wind up putting them back because I have a hard time thinking of how I want them done. Then inspiration hit the other day when I found that ScutFiles.com had posted this truck as their freebie! It was PERFECT! I had to cut it out!

So after I did, I decided it needed some dirt. The truck was just too clean. So I used some special scissors to cut out the jagged dirt. Then I used some distressing ink (my fav new toy) and some chalks to dirty it up. I used some pop dots and there you have it a hill for my truck to climb on.

You should have seen my son playing w/his trucks behind me while I made the LO. He kept getting up to "check out" the truck as he was playing. He thought it was so cool. I couldn't keep his hands out of the glue.

7 comments:

  1. Great LO. Next time, maybe cut 2 copies and let him play? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tamara, that's awesome! You did a fantastic job incorporating that scut into a LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, It turned out GREAT!!!! So cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect layout to go with your pictures! Love the playful polka dots and your nice dirt and many thanks for showing off our truck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jul. 05, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tamara....THANKS GIRL for your awesome comment on my ART!!! And thank you for your VERY sweet comment on my profile pic.....Made me smile!!! I hope you are having a very blessed Tuesday my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great Tamara - love the dimension of the truck - looks like the wheels are really working!

    ReplyDelete